Some easy excuses 👎 not to put on a condom 🙄
1. If you loved me, you’d do it without a condom.
2. If I had something, I’d know it.
3. A condom is uncomfortable and I can’t feel anything.
Maybe it’s not as comfortable but, with the variety of condoms available on the market, you can find one that suits you. Some of them even make you feel more!
4. You know me: you can be sure I don’t have anything.
A person can be infected by a BBSTI and not know it. So even if you know your partner well and trust him/her, don’t take any risks. Many BBSTIs don’t cause symptoms. Only screening tests can confirm that someone doesn’t have a BBSTI.
5. I’m on the pill so we don’t need a condom.
6. With a condom, I’ll lose my erection.
To avoid this problem, practise putting on a condom. That way, when the time comes, you’ll feel confident and your erection will last. You might also try a different size or brand of condom.
7. I’m much too young to have a BBSTI.
8. I’m allergic to condoms.
Condoms made of polyurethane or polyisoprene for people with a latex sensitivity are available in drugstores. They cost about the same as latex condoms.
9. Condoms are for one-night stands.
Condoms are made to protect you from BBSTIs in all circumstances – whether it’s a one-night stand or with your steady girlfriend or boyfriend. Before you stop using condoms, don’t forget to have a screening test.
10. It wrecks the mood.
When you get used to it, it only takes a few seconds. Some ideas to keep the action going: keep condoms handy, ask your girlfriend or boyfriend to put it on you, etc.